Information Literacy - Health Science
Extend your library’s reach with teaching materials that can be used in health science courses, one-shot sessions, and at the point of need. The health sciences rank among higher education’s most in-demand fields, and this instruction platform will help ensure these students acquire the foundational skills necessary for academic and career success. Furthermore, the Credo Insights analytics tool allows you to measure student outcomes and demonstrate the value of library instruction at your institution.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate students essential foundational skills that are shown to positively impact retention, GPA levels, graduation rates, and overall student success.
- Engage users with high-quality videos and tutorials on topics of profound importance to their current studies and lifelong goals.
- Simplify collaboration with faculty by providing instructional content that is easy to embed in learning management systems and in LibGuides.
- Save time and resources compared to creating materials from scratch and keeping them updated.
- Devote more time to hands-on instruction by using multimedia to “flip the class.”
- Assess student progress and adjust your instruction strategy based on reliable evidence.
- Maintain accreditation requirements around information literacy and critical-thinking standards.
- Multimedia content: 30+ customizable e-learning objects support librarians’ teaching of foundational skills within the health science disciplines.
- Flexibility: Information Literacy – Health Science lets users mix and match tutorials, videos, and quizzes to address the demands of different courses and specific students.
- Customization: Tailor Information Literacy – Health Science to your institution’s specific needs with on-demand customization of tutorials, quizzes, and student platform.
- Information Literacy Standards: Information Literacy – Health Science materials align with multiple standards including the ACRL framework and standards, SCONUL 7 pillars, ANZIIL standards, and the AAC&U Information Literacy VALUE Rubric.
- Credo Insights: With Information Literacy – Health Science, users can measure student progress with robust analytics for assessment and usage reporting.
- Drill down into the data on specific quizzes, questions, and answer choices.
- See specific students’ and classes’ performance on particular assessments and over time.
- Generate usage reports for the number of students using the platform as well as the frequency of their usage.
- Filter and compare reports by month and by course.
- Combine any number of filters for the exact report you need using Insights’ business analytics engine and dynamically generated reports.
- Illustrate the value of foundational skills instruction to other stakeholders at your institution.
- Faculty Engagement: Users can benefit from free resources like this Faculty LibGuide for Information Literacy – Health Science to support their collaboration efforts.
- Administrator dashboard: Information Literacy – Health Science lets users conveniently manage assessment downloads and tutorial/quiz customizations.
- Integration options: The Credo Courseware platform offers a wide range of integration options, including LibGuides and learning management systems (D2L, Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard, etc.). Each item may be added as a digital object, and assessments may be integrated into instructors’ gradebooks.
- Instructor access to Credo Insights via LTI: Instructors may access Credo Insights to see student assessment data for themselves, in addition to seeing the grades in their LMS gradebook.
- FERPA compliance: To ensure students’ privacy, the Credo Courseware platform is fully FERPA-compliant.
- ADA compliance: Information Literacy – Health Science is fully ADA-compliant, enabling accessibility for all learners.