A New Era in Global Health
A New Era in Global Health
Publication Year: 2017
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Single-User Purchase Price:
Unlimited-User Purchase Price:
Category: Health & Medicine - Health
Book Status: Available
Table of Contents
This unique text elucidates the relationship between global nursing and global health. It underscores the significance of nurses' contributions in furthering the post-2015 agenda of the United Nations regarding global health infrastructures and examines opportunities for nurses to promote the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to foster health and healthy environments worldwide.
Table of Contents
- Foreword - Kerry Vanessa B. MD, MSc
- 1. Re-Membering Humanity: A First Step Toward One Health - Rosa William
- UNIT I: GLOBAL NURSING IN AN INTERCONNECTED WORLD
- 2. Global Health and Global Nursing: Emerging Definitions and Directions - Rosa William
- 3. A Brief History of the United Nations and Nursing: A Healthy World Is Our Common Future - Beck Deva-Marie
- 4. Global Nurse Citizenship: Toward a Safe and Inclusive Civil Society - Rosa William and Shaw Holly K.
- 5. Transforming Our World by 2030: Leadership Requisites to Guide the Global Village - Rosa William and Morin Karen H.
- 6. Global Health Ethics - Breakey Suellen and Evans Linda A.
- 7. Florence Nightingale's Legacy: The Rationale for an Integral Worldview in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals - Dossey Barbara Montgomery, Beck Deva-Marie, Oerther Sarah, and Manjrekar Phalakshi
- 8. Nursing Education Imperatives and the United Nations 2030 Agenda - McKinnon Tamara H. and Fitzpatrick Joyce J.
- 9. Creating New Knowledge: Nursing- and Midwifery-Led Research to Drive the Global Goals - Squires Allison P., Abboud Sarah, Ojemeni Melissa T., and Ridge Laura
- 10. Transnational Nursing Organizations Paving the Way for Global Health: The International Council of Nurses as Exemplar - Holguin Elizabeth, Hughes Frances, and Shamian Judith
- 11. Global Human Caring for a Sustainable World - Watson Jean
- UNIT II: THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS: A PRIMER
- 12. Goal 1. End Poverty in All Its Forms Everywhere - Rosa William
- 13. Goal 2. End Hunger, Achieve Food Security and Improved Nutrition, and Promote Sustainable Agriculture - Rosa William
- 14. Goal 3. Ensure Healthy Lives and Promote Well-Being for All at All Ages - Rosa William
- 15. Goal 4. Ensure Inclusive and Equitable Quality Education and Promote Lifelong Learning Opportunities for All - Rosa William
- 16. Goal 5. Achieve Gender Equality and Empower All Women and Girls - Rosa William
- 17. Goal 6. Ensure Availability and Sustainable Management of Water and Sanitation for All - Rosa William
- 18. Goal 7. Ensure Access to Affordable, Reliable, Sustainable, and Modern Energy for All - Rosa William
- 19. Goal 8. Promote Sustained, Inclusive, and Sustainable Economic Growth, Full and Productive Employment, and Decent Work for All - Rosa William
- 20. Goal 9. Build Resilient Infrastructure, Promote Inclusive and Sustainable Industrialization, and Foster Innovation - Rosa William
- 21. Goal 10. Reduce Inequality Within and Among Countries - Rosa William
- 22. Goal 11. Make Cities and Human Settlements Inclusive, Safe, Resilient, and Sustainable - Rosa William
- 23. Goal 12. Ensure Sustainable Consumption and Production Patterns - Rosa William
- 24. Goal 13. Take Urgent Action to Combat Climate Change and Its Impacts - Rosa William
- 25. Goal 14. Conserve and Sustainably Use the Oceans, Seas, and Marine Resources for Sustainable Development - Rosa William
- 26. Goal 15. Protect, Restore, and Promote Sustainable Use of Terrestrial Ecosystems, Sustainably Manage Forests, Combat Desertification, and Halt and Reverse Land Degradation and Halt Biodiversity Loss - Rosa William
- 27. Goal 16. Promote Peaceful and Inclusive Societies for Sustainable Development, Provide Access to Justice for All and Build Effective, Accountable, and Inclusive Institutions at All Levels - Rosa William
- 28. Goal 17. Strengthen the Means of Implementation and Revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development - Rosa William
- UNIT III: A GLOBAL HEALTH VISION FOR 2030 AND BEYOND
- 29. Global Nursing Wisdom: Notes From the Field - Anathan Julie K., Bhengu Busisiwe Rosemary, Bahemuka Olivia, Burke Kelly, Connell Maureen E., Drick Carole Ann, Ewing Helen, Keegan Lynn, Luck Susan, Manjrekar Phalakshi, Moreland Patricia, Mtengezo Jasintha T., Rosa William, and Wilson Deborah
- 30. The Role of Reflective Practice in Creating the World We Want - Horton-Deutsch Sara and Rosa William
- 31. A Call to Internationalization: The Global Advisory Panel on the Future of Nursing as Exemplar - Klopper Hester C., Darling Christine M., Vlasich Cynthia, Catrambone Cathy, and Hill Martha
- 32. Raising Consciousness Through Global Nursing Collaboration - Upvall Michele J. and Leffers Jeanne M.
- 33. A Post-2030 Agenda: The World Beyond the Sustainable Development Goals - Kurth Ann E.
- 34. One Mind, One Health, One Planet—A Pledge to Planetary Citizenship - Rosa William
- Afterword: Nurses and Nursing Knowledge—Forces for Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals - Meleis Afaf Ibrahim
- Appendix: Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Contributor Biographies